Monday, January 6, 2014

Pacing the Cage

"Sometimes the best map will not guide you 
You can't see what's round the bend

Sometimes the road leads through dark places 
Sometimes the darkness is your friend

Today these eyes scan bleached-out land 
For the coming of the outbound stage

(you find yourself)
Pacing the cage"

      Bruce Cockburn
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpz-pn-G77E

Bruce Cockburn often distills in song
what my soul feels 
poetically
And, for that, I am thankful
(and can't get enough)

There's something about my life that often finds me 
Pacing the Cage
once again
Pacing the Cage
like an animal hemmed in
Bound
yet fierce and strong
aching to race and to pounce

Today my mind raced
and last night, all night, too
Where will I be?
What is my life to be?
Who will take me in?

I offer up this pacing, Lord, as prayer.....