Friday, November 9, 2012

On the need to write...

This week I have written two professional development feedback reports for my job.  I'd been putting off doing them, but, since money is involved in their completion, I decided to go ahead and get them done. And I really enjoyed the process. And remembered how much I love word-crafting.  And realized that I ought to write more often. So here I am again at the blog.

The world is full of lonely people. I am one of them. This surprises me and makes me often sad.  However, I have discovered that when I write, I connect. Even if no one is reading my words, the fact that I am using words and putting them out into the world somehow makes me feel less alone. 

C. S. Lewis has said, "We read to know we are not alone."  I think I write for the same reason. And, honestly, writing is more fun for me than reading these days. Which proves I need to write, right?

I am living with two teenagers alone in a two bedroom apartment. And I am blessed.  This makes me want to shout "Victory!" I write of victory, of struggle, of insight and confusion. I write to know I'm not alone.  Thanks for reading along.