Friday, July 30, 2010

On Regretting Things Done and Not Done in The Past

For so long I have felt that much of my life has been not well spent, but, rather, wasted.  The reasons do not matter now; I could fill a book with sad stories. What matters is that God has helped me to see and realize just today that what I have lived through in the past has prepared me for today.  And tomorrow.  And this brings me great joy. 

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God and are called according to His purposes"  Romans 8:28

All things past, all things present, all things future.  God is causing them to work together for my good (which, of course, means that he is making them work for His good since I am His child, but that is another post). 
I needn't worry that my past has somehow kept me from being able to accomplish God's will in my life.  My God is a magician....He uses what I have done and what I have failed to do, and makes of  it something worthwhile.  This makes me want to sing and shout!  My life made fruitful, despite myself! 
What a privilege it is to know the Living God, to be known by Him and to be "called according to His purposes".